Dursley Running Club Handicap Series
Race 3 Tuesday 9th August
Hamfield Leisure, Berkeley
An eventful night, runners without numbers, runners missing start, and shenneanigans in the funnel meaning not all numbers recorded , and one time too many! The joys! So results are provisional! Anyway apart from those who were throwing up or not finishing everyone else seemed to enjoy it! and most putting in considerable effort. Emily Harding was first home, Luci Lai second and Karen Eadon third, first man home Steve Peers, Andrew Kilby hot on his heels and Mike Brownthird.
The Berkeley 10K saw triathlon legend Chrissie Wellington on the start line along with another 305 runners. Despite the wet and humid conditions, a number of runners entered on the day. This included winner Anthony Glover. An unaffiliated runner, Anthony had a handsome lead by the 5km mark and neither Simon Campbell (Cirencester AC) nor Rob Cowland (Thornbury RC) could pull him back. Full results are available here
The 2016 Dursley Dozen, Sunday 14 February
COLLECT YOUR NUMBER AND CHIP BEFORE THE RACE
- There is car parking at the School, race headquarters and at Sainsburys. If you park at Sainsburys, please park at the bottom end of the car park - that will stop you getting a parking ticket.
- There is one water station at 7 miles.
- There are showers and changing at race headquarters plus tea and cakes.
- There are toilets at race headquarters plus some at Sainsburys.
- Don't forget your T-shirts, which can be collected at Race headquarters after the race.
- For some reason there is some mud on the course ... good off-road shoes are recommended.
Enjoy it!!! More race info is here